1. Adam, M.C., and Kneeshaw, D. 2008. Local level criteria and indicator frameworks: A tool
used to assess aboriginal forest ecosystem values. Forest Ecology and Management. 7: 2024-
2. Alibabaei Emran, E., Ghorbani, M., Marvi Mohajer, M.R., and Avatefi Hemat, M. 2016.
Social Monitoring; Network Analysis and Social Capital in Sustainable Management of
Forest Resources (Research Area: Kodir Village, Kojour District, Mazandaran Province).
Journal of Forest and Wood Products, Journal of Natural Resources of Iran. 69: 4. 657-665
3. Ananda, J., and Herath, G. 2003. The use of Analytic Hierarchy Process to incorporate
stakeholder preferences into regional forest planning. Forest Policy and Economics. 5: 1. 13–
4. Avatefi Hemat, M., Shamekhi, M.T., Zobeyri, M., Arab, D., and Tabatabaii, M. 2103. The
reason for forest degradation: studying the subjective models of natural resource experts and
local people using the system dynamics. Journal of Forestry and Wood Products, Journal of
Natural Resources of Iran. 66: 1. 39-54 (In Persian)
5. Bakhtiari Lak, Sh., Mohaghaghi, M., Barkhordari, J., and Jamshidi Gahroii, Z. 2013.
Compilation of sustainable forest park management criteria in arid and semiarid regions.
First National Conference on Tourism Management, Naturalization and Geography, Feb. 23,
Tehran, 8p. (In Persian)
6. Brand, D.G. 1997. Criteria and indicators for the conservation and sustainable management
of forests: progress to date and future direction, Biomass Bioenergy. 4–5: 247–253.
7. Brandt, J.S. Nolte, C., and Agrawal, A. 2016. Deforestation and timber production in Congo
after implementation of sustainable forest management policy, Land Use Policy. 52: 15-22.
8. Chattopadhyay, R.N., and Datta, D. 2010. Criteria and indicators for assessment of
functioning of forest protection committees in the dry deciduous forests of West Bengal,
India, Ecological Indicators. 3: 687–695.
9. Davis, L.S., Johnson, K.N., Bettinger, P.S., and T.E., Howard, 2001. Forest management to
sustain ecological, economic and social values. McGraw- Hill 804p.
10. Dolisca, F., McDaniel, J.M., and Teeter, L.D. 2007. Farmers’ perceptions towards forests: a
case study from Haiti, Forest Policy and Economics, 6: 704–712.
11. Fatahi, M. 1994. Investigation of Zagros oak forests and its most important factors. Tehran
Forest and Rangeland Research Institute. 63p (In Persian)
12. Fathi Ashtiani, A. 2010. Psychological Examinations. Tehran, Behesht. (In Persian)
13. FAO, (1999). Practical Guidelines for the implementation of criteria and indicators for
sustainable forest management in the Near East Region, United Nations Environmental
Programme. Regional of fice for the Near East, Cairo. Available at:
14. Ford, R.M., Anderson, N.M., Nitschke, C., Bennett, L.T., and Williams, K.J.H. 2017.
Psychological values and cues as a basis for developing socially relevant criteria and
indicators for forest management. Forest Policy and Economics. 78: 141-150.
15. Gbadegesin, A., and Ayileka, O. 2000. Avoiding the mistakes of the past: towards a
community oriented management strategy for the proposed national park in Abuja, Nigeria.
Land Use Policy., 2: 89–100.
16. Ghodsi Pour, S.H. 2009. Issues in Multi-criteria Decision Making, Analytical Hierarchy
Process. Amir Kabir University Press, Seventh Edition. 220p.
17. Gliem, J.A., and Gliem, R.R. 2003. Calculating, interpreting, and reporting Cronbach’s alpha
reliability coefficient for Likert-type scales. 2003: Midwest Research-to-Practice Conference
in Adult, Continuing, and Community Education. Boston: McGraw Hill, ©2001, paperback:
Waveland Pr Inc, 816p.
18. Golig, A., Hasanzad Navroudi, E., Mohammadi Limiaii, S., and Jokar, M. 2016. Establishing
sustainable forest management criteria and indicators based on the views of experts and
locals (Case study: Forests in the North of Iran). Iranian Forest Journal, Iranian Forestry
Association. 8: 2.365-379 (In Persian)
19. Goushegir, S.Z., Feghhi, J., Mohajer, M.R.M., and Makhdoum, M. 2009. Criteria and
indicators of monitoring the sustainable wood production and forest conservation using AHP
(case study: Kheyrud educational and research forest). African Journal of Agricultural
Research. 10: 1041-1048. (In Persian)
20. Gulnaz, J., Chiranjeewee, K., and Harald, V. 2012. Developing criteria and indicators for
evaluating sustainable forest management: A case study in Kyrgyzstan. Forest Policy and
Economics. 12: 32–43.
21. Hosseini, Z., Maleknia, R., and Sadeghi, H. 2017. Integrative approach to evaluation criteria
and indices of sustainable forest management at the local level (Case study: Lirabi
Watershed, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari province). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar
Research., 25: 1. 149-159 (In Persian)
22. Hosseainpour, A. 2003: Study of socio-economic rural communities and its effects on
forests. Master’s thesis, Gorgan agriculture and natural resources university, Gorgan. 140p.
23. Iswantoro, H. 2001. Developing criteria and indicators for assessing the functioning of forest
protection committees in joint forest management: case studies from West Bengal and
Indonesia. Unpublished Thesis.Rural Development Centre, IIT Kharagpur, India.
24. Jalilova, G., Khadka, C., and Vacik, H. 2012. Developing criteria and indicators for
evaluating sustainable forest management: A case study in Kyrgyzstan. Forest Policy and
Economics., 21: 32-43.
25. Kramer, R., Healy, R., and Mendelsohn, R. 1992. Forest valuation. Managing the world's
forest: looking for balance between conservation and development. Kendall/Hunt Publishing
Co., Dubuque, IA, 158p.
26. Luthra, S., Mangla, S.K., and Kharb, R.K. 2015. Sustainable assessment in energy planning
and management in Indian perspective. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews., 47:
27. Mäkelä, A., Del Río, M., Hynynen, J., Hawkins, M.J., Reyer, C., Soares, P., and Tomé, M.
2012. Using stand-scale forest models for estimating indicators of sustainable forest
management. Forest Ecology and Management., 285: 164-178.
28. Mehregan, M.R. 2004. Advanced operations research. Ketabe Daneshgahi, Pub. Tehran: 8p
29. Mendoza, G.A., and Prabhu, R. 2000. Development of a methodology for selecting criteria
and indicators of sustainable forest management: a case study on participatory assessment.
Environmental management. 6: 659-673.
30. Moayeri, M.H., Sarvestani, A., Shahraki, M.R., and Kosegharavi, Y. 2015. Analysis of the
relationship between the participation and development of forest villages (Case study:
Golestan forestry cooperatives). Iranian Forest Journal, Iranian Forestry Association. 7: 2.
137-150. (In Persian)
31. Nepal, S.K., and Weber, K.W. 1995. Managing resources and resolving conflicts: national
parks and local people. International Journal of Sustainable Development and World
Ecology. 1: 11-25.
32. Nikfar, Z., Pilehvar, B., Mirazadi, Z., and Eisvand, H. 2015. Check pests oak trees in
Lorestan province (Case study: Lorestan amount suspended forests). The third congress of
agriculture and sustainable natural resources, Tehran - Higher Education Institution of Mehr
Arvand, Promotion Group of Environmental Lovers. May 27. Tehran: 4p. (In Persian)
33. Nokandeh, S.M., Moayeri, M.H., and Mahini, A.S. 2014. Stakeholders and Their
Identification Criteria in Natural Resources Management (Case Study: Forest of Golestan
Province). Journal of Science and Technology of Wood and Forest. 21: 4. 23-40. (In Persian)
34. O’Connor, T.G., and Kuyler, P. 2009: Impact of land use on the biodiversity integrity of the
moist sub-biome of the grassland biome. South Africa. Environmental Management. 90:
35. Pokharel, R.K., Neupane, P.R., Tiwari, K.R., and Köhl, M. 2015. Assessing the
sustainability in community based forestry: A case from Nepal, Forest Policy and
Economics. 58: 75-84.
36. Prabhu, R., Colfer, C.J.P., and Dudley, R.G. 1999. Guidelines for developing, testing and
selecting criteria and indicators for sustainable forest management: a C&I. developer's
reference. (Vol. 1) CIFOR. 183p.
37. Purnomo, H., Mendoza, G.A., and Prabhu, R. 2005. Analysis of local perspectives on
sustainable forest management: an Indonesian case study. Journal of environmental
management., 2: 111-126.
38. Rahdari, M.R., Kharazmi, R., and Khosravi, H. 2014. Assessing the Necessity and
Challenges of Conservation of Natural Resources for Sustainable Development (Case Study:
Zagros Forests), Second National Student Conference on Forest Sciences, May 17 and 18.
Karaj: 9p. (In Persian)
39. Renard, Y. 2004. Guidelines for Stakeholder Identification and Analysis: A Manual for
Caribbean Natural Resource Managers and Planners. Caribbean Natural Resources Institute.
40. Ridish, K., Pokharel, A., Prem Raj Neupane, C.B., Krishna, R.T.A., and Michael Kohl, C.
2014. Assessing the sustainability in community based forestry: A case from Nepal. Journal
homepage. Forest Policy and Economics. 10p.
41. Ritchie, B., Mc Dougall, C., Haggith, M., and Oliveira, N.B. 2000. Criteria and Indicators of
Sustainability in Community Managed Forest Landscapes. CIFOR, Bogor, Indonesia: 113p.
42. Saaty, T.L. 1977. A scaling method for priorities in hierarchical structures. J. Mathemat
Psych, 15: 234–281.
43. Saaty, T.L. 1980. The analytical hierarchy process, planning priority. Resource Allocation,
RWS Publication, USA, 287p.
44. Stein, T.V., Anderson, D.H., and Kelly, T. 1999. Using stakeholders' values to apply
ecosystem management in an upper Midwest landscape. Environmental Management. 3:
45. WCED, U. 1987. Our common future. World Commission on Environment and
Development Oxford University Press. Pp: 284-287.
46. Weeks, P., and Packard, J.M. 1997. Acceptance of scientific management by natural
resource dependent communities. Conservation Biology. 1: 236–245.
47. Zandeh Basiri, M., and Ghazanfari, H. 2011. Compilation of the most important
consequences and factors affecting the management of the local population of Zagros forests
(Case study: Goldegh watershed, Lorestan province), Forest Journal of Iran, Iran Forestry
Association. 2: 2. 127-138 (In Persian)
48. Zandeh Basiri, M., and Ghazanfari, H. 2011. Investigating the Importance of Near East
Process Criteria and Indicators in Sustainable Management of Zagros Forests (Case Study:
Tang-Sulak Basin, Kohgiluyeh and Boyer Ahmad Province). Journal of Forest and Poplar
Research. 20: 2. 204-216 (In Persian)
49. Zand Basiri, M., and Parvin, T. 2012. The importance of criteria and indicators
forsustainable forest management in the Near East Zagros (Case Study: Basintight Sułek
Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad). Iranian Journal of Forest and Poplar Research., 20: 2. 204-
216. (In Persian)